Actress Lauds Shen Yun’s Breathtaking Beauty
“Through the universal language of music and dance, Shen Yun weaves a wondrous tapestry of heavenly realms, ancient legends, and modern heroic tales, taking you on a journey through 5,000 years of Chinese culture,” reads Shen Yun’s website. “Its stunning beauty and tremendous energy leave audiences uplifted and inspired.”
That energy was certainly not lost upon Kristen Palmer, an actress best known for her role in the TV series The Wingmen.
“It is beautiful,” she said.
She added that the entire performance, from the costumes to the integration of the digital backdrop, “was executed really well on stage. All the performers were really uniform—it was really breathtaking.”
Ms. Palmer was also impressed by the spirituality “definitely coming through in the performance.” She attended the performance with Daniel Nicholson, a business owner.
“I definitely appreciate the visual arts,” Mr. Nicholson said.
Shen Yun seeks to revive 5,000 years of divinely imparted Chinese culture. Through the art forms like classical Chinese dance, solo vocalists singing original Chinese compositions in the bel canto style, ethnic and folk dances from the fifty-plus minority groups across China, Shen Yun brings the wonders of ancient Chinese culture to millions across the globe.
Mr. Nicholson was touched by uniqueness of China’s traditional civilization, and felt that the entire performance was “just very visually captivating.”
“It has been extremely enjoyable,” he said.
Reporting by Stacy Chen
New York-based Shen Yun Performing Arts has four touring companies that perform simultaneously around the world. For more information, visit Shen Yun Performing Arts.
- ‘Absolutely Magnificent’: New Brunswick Audience Members Delighted by Shen Yun 2021/11/22
- Shen Yun Is Outstanding, Physician Says 2021/11/22
- ‘Very Impressed’: Retired Bank VP Praises Shen Yun 2021/11/21
- Businessman Inspired to Delve in China’s History After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Shen Yun ‘Will Be in History Books Someday,’ Says Best-Selling Author 2021/10/10
- State and City Officials Welcome Shen Yun to Louisville, Kentucky 2021/10/08
- Conductor Deeply Moved by Shen Yun 2021/10/06
- Refreshing to See Shen Yun Artists ‘Dance Without Fear, Share Message of Truth,’ Says Former Guangzhou Ballet Dancer 2021/08/08
- College Professor Leaves Shen Yun Performance Feeling Lighter 2021/08/08
- Dancer Feels ‘So Blessed’ to Have Finally Seen Shen Yun 2021/08/08