Ballet Director Impressed With Dynamism of Shen Yun
NEW YORK—Classical Chinese dance is replete with gravity-defying tumbling techniques, and the high flying leaps and flips performed by Shen Yun Performing Arts’ dancers deserved even more applause than she heard from the audience, said Judith Palacio, founder and director of the Jersey City Ballet.has
Palacio was sitting in the audience of the evening March 7, 2020 performance at the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center, and thought the performance was interesting, beautiful, and different from what she has seen on stage.
“I can’t say enough about their proficiency and you know, their bodies—just gorgeous,” Palacio said, with praise for their technical proficiency and artistry, and the choreography.
While the female dancers displayed beauty, the male dancers grabbed Palacio’s attention with their athleticism.
“Very dynamic, very athletic, not enough applause from the audience for all the tricks that they did, that’s for sure,” she said during intermission. “We’re looking forward to the second half because we know the second half is always more exciting than the first.”
With reporting by Dongyu Teng.
- Shen Yun’s Beauty Is Beyond Words, Ballet Dancer Says 2021/10/15
- ‘The Best Thing I’ve Ever Been to in My Whole Life,’ Composer Says About Shen Yun 2021/10/14
- ‘I Would Bring My Whole School If I Could!’ Says School Owner 2021/10/10
- ‘I Got So Many Goosebumps,’ Says Illustrator After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Businessman Inspired to Delve in China’s History After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Dentist Moved by the True Stories of China Told in Shen Yun 2021/10/09
- Interior Designer Says Shen Yun Is ‘True Art’ 2021/10/06
- Shen Yun Lifts People’s Spirits, Says Dance Instructor 2021/10/04
- Shen Yun’s Energy Represents ‘Positivity, Love, Happiness,’ Says Theatergoer 2021/10/03
- Couple Says Shen Yun Had Them Sitting on the Edge of Their Seats 2021/10/02