Dance Company Artistic Director: Shen Yun Dancers’ Skills ‘Very High’
GWANGJU, South Korea—After appreciating Shen Yun Performing Arts Touring Company’s performance at the Gwangju Culture & Art Center on the afternoon of April 11, Ms. Kim Yoo Mi, artistic director of the Gwangju Municipal Dance Company, said with delight: “Since long ago, I’ve eagerly looked forward to seeing a Shen Yun performance. I was very curious about what the performance would be like. Finally, I made it today, and it is very meaningful for me. I think it is a very good approach to promote Chinese culture. Shen Yun’s seamless synchronization between the unique animated backdrops and dancers was indeed very magnificent.”
As a professional in the dance circles, Kim Yoo Mi was amazed by the unique program and dancers’ magnificent performance. She said: “Dancers’ movements were in great unison. Their skills are very novel and distinctive. I particularly enjoyed the program When Shaolin Monks Protected the Emperor. The coordination between the performances on the stage and the dynamic backdrops is so wonderful that the show is indeed fantastic.”
“The level of those dancers’ skills is very high, and they are very distinctive. This is an excellent opportunity for us to gain more insight into Chinese traditions. I’ve never seen this kind of performance before. It has very high artistic value. Dancers’ orderly rhythmic movements are very touching.
“It was my first time seeing a large-scale [cultural] performance like this. It is really amazing that so many artists performed on the stage together.
“I saw Chinese traditions and the Chinese spirit, which are not easy to come by. Parts of Chinese [culture] and Korean [culture] have the same origin. I also saw the spirit of Falun Gong, and it is something that should be passed down to the next generations. It deserves our contemplation and enlightenment. [The program] implies many messages for the audience [to ponder].”
“I was told that this show was terrific and its performance was very successful. So I had looked forward to it for a long time. After watching it today, I feel that it is indeed great. I also think that it is a very good promotion of Chinese culture. In particular, the coordination of the digital backdrops and dancers is perfect.”
Kim Yoo Mi mentioned that she was thinking of including traditional culture into Korea ballet dance. She explained, “I am pondering including part of the spinning movements into my dances.”
Read the original Chinese article.
Reporting by Kim Kyung-Aha and Bill Xu
New York-based Shen Yun Performing Arts has three touring companies that perform simultaneously around the world. For more information, visit ShenYunPerformingArts.org.
- ‘Absolutely Magnificent’: New Brunswick Audience Members Delighted by Shen Yun 2021/11/22
- Shen Yun Is Outstanding, Physician Says 2021/11/22
- ‘Very Impressed’: Retired Bank VP Praises Shen Yun 2021/11/21
- Businessman Inspired to Delve in China’s History After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Shen Yun ‘Will Be in History Books Someday,’ Says Best-Selling Author 2021/10/10
- State and City Officials Welcome Shen Yun to Louisville, Kentucky 2021/10/08
- Conductor Deeply Moved by Shen Yun 2021/10/06
- Refreshing to See Shen Yun Artists ‘Dance Without Fear, Share Message of Truth,’ Says Former Guangzhou Ballet Dancer 2021/08/08
- College Professor Leaves Shen Yun Performance Feeling Lighter 2021/08/08
- Dancer Feels ‘So Blessed’ to Have Finally Seen Shen Yun 2021/08/08