Filmmaking Duo Impressed by the Message of Shen Yun
SYDNEY—Husband and wife filmmaking duo Daniel Fallshaw and Violeta Ayala, who attended Shen Yun Performing Arts in Sydney on March 7, 2020, said the performance at the Capitol Theatre was “absolutely fantastic.”
“We came with our little daughter. She’s 5,” Ayala told The Epoch Times.
“For me, it’s important to show my daughter different ways to see the world, and I think dance is an expression and a way to see the world in a different way.
The Walkley Award-winning artist, who had just returned with her family from the Sundance Film Festival in Toronto, said the message of New York-based Shen Yun had impressed her.
“I think it’s brave that we today use art and beauty to tell these stories that matter so much to all of us,” Ayala remarked. She pointed out one piece that depicted the story of thousands of ordinary Chinese who suffer persecution at the hands of the Chinese communist regime for their belief in the spiritual practice of Falun Gong, which teaches truthfulness, compassion, and tolerance.
“I really love how it was so broad,” she said. “It’s wonderful.”
Another award-winning artist, Fallshaw said he liked how he was able to learn more about Chinese culture through the performance.
“The choreography is amazing. The technical level of the dancers is wonderful, they’re really fantastic,” he said.
Bronson Stanley, who also attended the performance on Saturday evening, said he was “overwhelmed” by the beauty of the performance.
“I do graphic design. Honestly, the amount of color that was in the show was just so overwhelming for me,” he told NTD Television. “It was just beautiful, absolutely stunning.”
Stanley said for those still thinking about buying tickets, they have to come see it for themselves.
“It’s so hard for me to explain the beauty, the passion behind the dancers.
“Really, it’s a must-see. You must go.”
With reporting by Mary Yuan, NTD Television and Melanie Sun.
- Shen Yun Shows We Need to Be Nicer to Each Other, Says Pediatrician 2020/03/13
- Businessman Buys 120 Shen Yun Tickets for NSW Firefighters 2020/03/12
- Order of Australia Recipient, Choreographer Thanks Shen Yun for Its Honesty and Brilliance 2020/03/11
- State MP Says Shen Yun Dancers Are a ‘Magical Display of Art’ 2020/03/11
- Artist Says She ‘Can’t Wait Next Year to Come Again’ After Seeing Shen Yun for the First Time 2020/03/11
- After 6 Hour Trip, Dancer Feels Blessed Seeing Shen Yun 2020/03/08
- Filmmaking Duo Impressed by the Message of Shen Yun 2020/03/08
- Sydney Law Lecturer, Author Says Shen Yun Is a ‘Roller-Coaster of Emotions’ 2020/03/07
- Musical Theater Star and Actress on Shen Yun: ‘The Elegance of the Dancers Is Just Incredible’ 2020/03/06
- Law Professor Says Shen Yun Is ‘The Heaven and the Earth Coming Together’ 2020/03/06