IBM Marketing Director Impressed With Beauty of Shen Yun
“[Shen Yun] gives you a taste of Chinese history, which is new to me,” Ms. Bergeron said. “I think it is a good introduction to Chinese culture.”
Established in 2006, the New York-based Shen Yun aims to revive 5,000 years of China’s divinely inspired culture through performing arts.
Ms. Bergeron enjoyed the beauty of the costumes, another aspect highlighting the connection between mankind and the divine.
It is said that heaven inspired the traditional Chinese attire, and that “it is this special connection that made the historical Han clothing so multifaceted and rich in design,” according to Shen Yun’s website.
Shen Yun’s dancers wear a variety of costumes, from cloud capes, water sleeves, and phoenix coronets, to ethnic attire depicting China’s many minority groups.
“It has gotten a lot of pageantry to it, beautiful, beautiful movements, and beautiful costumes,” Ms. Bergeron concluded.
Reporting by Lucas Lee and Catherine Yang
New York-based Shen Yun Performing Arts has four touring companies that perform simultaneously around the world. For more information, visit Shen Yun Performing Arts.
- ‘Absolutely Magnificent’: New Brunswick Audience Members Delighted by Shen Yun 2021/11/22
- Shen Yun Is Outstanding, Physician Says 2021/11/22
- ‘Very Impressed’: Retired Bank VP Praises Shen Yun 2021/11/21
- Businessman Inspired to Delve in China’s History After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Shen Yun ‘Will Be in History Books Someday,’ Says Best-Selling Author 2021/10/10
- State and City Officials Welcome Shen Yun to Louisville, Kentucky 2021/10/08
- Conductor Deeply Moved by Shen Yun 2021/10/06
- Refreshing to See Shen Yun Artists ‘Dance Without Fear, Share Message of Truth,’ Says Former Guangzhou Ballet Dancer 2021/08/08
- College Professor Leaves Shen Yun Performance Feeling Lighter 2021/08/08
- Dancer Feels ‘So Blessed’ to Have Finally Seen Shen Yun 2021/08/08