Shen Yun Drumming Made Physician Feel Wonderful
CHICAGO—Gorantla Chowdary, a Munster, Ind. anesthesiologist, said Shen Yun Performing Arts was wonderful. We enjoyed the show, and maybe in the future we would come to the next one,” he said after the performance at the Civic Opera House.
“A Shen Yun performance features the world’s foremost classically trained dancers, a unique orchestra blending East and West, and dazzling animated backdrops-together creating one spectacular performance,” according to the company website.
One aspect of the performance Dr. Chowdary especially liked was the performances with “the drums, and the music. I liked the music and the percussion.”
The drumming performances made him feel “wonderful.”
Shen Yun’s mission is to revitalize 5,000 years of divinely inspired civilization through the performing arts. This traditional Chinese culture was almost completely destroyed by the communist regime.
Dr. Chowdary was also impressed with Shen Yun’s efforts to bring forth traditional Chinese culture.
“I enjoyed the show. I appreciate the Chinese culture now. I may not have known it before, but now at least I know what the culture is,” he said.
“It is unfortunate that we cannot see the culture in China now [as to] what we have seen on the stage. I was in China about two years and now it is totally different [from what was presented onstage], but I think this is gives me some background about the ancient culture of China,” Dr. Chowdary explained.
What was it he liked about traditional culture? “Ahh, the main thing is, I think, the principles of the nature and the human spirit, things like that. I think I liked that part,” he said.
Dr. Chowdary could see similarities with ancient Chinese culture and his own. “Since coming from India one of the also oldest cultures, and there is some, you know, similarities between the two, about the spirit and the human being and the culture and … nature.”
He believes the benefits for today’s world of such a performance would be “the cultural exchange, … I think the people can understand other cultures and hopefully there will be a peace through some of this culture, I think, in the world.”
Reporting by Valerie Avore and Cat Rooney
New York-based Shen Yun Performing Arts has four touring companies that perform simultaneously around the world. For more information, visit Shen Yun Performing Arts.
- ‘Absolutely Magnificent’: New Brunswick Audience Members Delighted by Shen Yun 2021/11/22
- Shen Yun Is Outstanding, Physician Says 2021/11/22
- ‘Very Impressed’: Retired Bank VP Praises Shen Yun 2021/11/21
- Businessman Inspired to Delve in China’s History After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Shen Yun ‘Will Be in History Books Someday,’ Says Best-Selling Author 2021/10/10
- State and City Officials Welcome Shen Yun to Louisville, Kentucky 2021/10/08
- Conductor Deeply Moved by Shen Yun 2021/10/06
- Refreshing to See Shen Yun Artists ‘Dance Without Fear, Share Message of Truth,’ Says Former Guangzhou Ballet Dancer 2021/08/08
- College Professor Leaves Shen Yun Performance Feeling Lighter 2021/08/08
- Dancer Feels ‘So Blessed’ to Have Finally Seen Shen Yun 2021/08/08