Shen Yun Returning for the Ninth Time to Seattle, WA
Seattle Mayor Edward Murray issued a proclamation welcoming Shen Yun Performing Arts, “The Greater Seattle Area is known to excel in the advocacy of arts and cultural diversity with Shen Yun’s Seattle performances having greatly contributing to this since 2008.”
Shen Yun was established in New York in 2006 by a group of leading classical Chinese artists with a wish “to revive the true, divinely inspired culture of China and share it with the world,” according to the company website.
After decades of communist rule, this traditional culture, its values, and its profound spiritual beliefs were almost lost.
But through the universal language of performing arts, Shen Yun has brought back the best of these traditions, with the world’s foremost classically trained dancers, a unique live orchestra with Eastern and Western instruments, interactive backdrops, colorful costumes, and inspiring musical soloists.
Following the five recent shows in Portland and Eugene, here is what audience members were saying:
Roy Chrisop, a Senior Software Manager for Portland-based Harmonic, said “At first when I was watching it, I felt right on edge of tearing up because it was such an overwhelming emotional experience for me.”
“To be involved and get hooked in that early with the opening of curtain, and the fog rolling out, and these beautiful dancers in all their colors and fineness—it just struck me completely on all my senses and all my emotions.”
For Joy Victor, ballet school owner, each and every level of Shen Yun makes the performance what it is, from the messages to its grace of movement. “This is a meaning from inside your soul,” she said. “And if you do it from inside your soul it will touch people. It can make people happy; it can make people think about who they are and how they live.
Schoolteacher, Ms. Sara Spear, noted how the beauty of erhu solo nearly brought her to tears. “I feel really emotional. It is kind of hard for me not to cry, because it is just so beautiful,” she said.
This year, with over 32 letters of support from government officials, Seattle and Washington State warmly welcome the long-awaited return of Shen Yun Performing Arts.
New York-based Shen Yun Performing Arts has four touring companies that perform around the world. For more information, visit ShenYunPerformingArts.org.
- ‘Absolutely Magnificent’: New Brunswick Audience Members Delighted by Shen Yun 2021/11/22
- Shen Yun Is Outstanding, Physician Says 2021/11/22
- ‘Very Impressed’: Retired Bank VP Praises Shen Yun 2021/11/21
- Businessman Inspired to Delve in China’s History After Watching Shen Yun 2021/10/10
- Shen Yun ‘Will Be in History Books Someday,’ Says Best-Selling Author 2021/10/10
- State and City Officials Welcome Shen Yun to Louisville, Kentucky 2021/10/08
- Conductor Deeply Moved by Shen Yun 2021/10/06
- Refreshing to See Shen Yun Artists ‘Dance Without Fear, Share Message of Truth,’ Says Former Guangzhou Ballet Dancer 2021/08/08
- College Professor Leaves Shen Yun Performance Feeling Lighter 2021/08/08
- Dancer Feels ‘So Blessed’ to Have Finally Seen Shen Yun 2021/08/08